On 9 October 2020, the WE EMPOWER - G7 Programme organized the "Women's Leadership for Gender Equality" event to highlight the importance of women’s leadership and decision-making in society and the positive impact of gender parity on boards.
In the programme:
- Ambassador Mara Marinaki, the European External Action Service's Principal Advisor on Gender and on the implementation of UN Security Council's first resolution on Women, Peace and Security (UNSCR 1325);
- Anita Bhatia, Deputy Executive Director for Resource Management, Sustainability and Partnerships, UN Women;
- Irene Natividad, President, Global Summit of Women, Chair of the GlobeWomen Research and Education Institute, and Member of the G7 Gender Equality Advisory Council, Biarritz 2019;
- Sam Mazloum, Vice President, Public Affairs - Office of the Vice Chair, Mastercard. Moderator:
- Anna Falth, Programme Manager, WE EMPOWER - G7 Programme; Head, WEPs Secretariat, UN Women.
Promoting Economic Empowerment of Women at Work through Responsible Business Conduct in G7 Countries (WE EMPOWER - G7 Programme) is a programme funded by the European Union (EU) and implemented by UN Women and the International Labour Organization (ILO). The WE EMPOWER G7 Programme convene multistakeholder dialogues in the EU, Canada, Japan and the US to exchange knowledge, experiences, good practices and lessons learned in the context of the changing world of work.
Publisher : WE EMPOWER - G7 Programme | 2020 | Region : Global