On International Women’s Day this year, join UN Women’s EU-funded WeEmpowerAsia programme for the virtual discussion “Women in Leadership: What Does It Take?” to hear from business leaders and policymakers about the most tangible actions companies are taking to help women advance into leadership positions and fully participate in the economy.
The session will especially examine the “behind-the-scenes” measures that create the enabling environment for women to lead and excel in the business world, including the role of equal pay, safe and inclusive workplaces, gender-inclusive recruitment and retention policies, caregiving policies, as well as mentorship support programmes for women employees. Details of the 2nd edition of the UN Women Asia-Pacific WEPs Awards and virtual WEPs signing ceremony for businesses in April will also be unveiled at the event.
WHEN: 8 March 2021, 14:00 – 15:30 (GMT+7)
WHERE: Online via Zoom and streamed live to Facebook (@unwomenasia)
- Mr. Giuseppe Busini, Deputy Head, Delegation of the European Union to Thailand (opening remarks)
- Mr. Ravi Bhatnagar, Director, External Affairs and Partnerships, AMESA, Reckitt Benckiser (India)
- Ms. Jonah De Lumen-Pernia, Director of Philippines Franchise Operations, Coca-Cola
- Ms. Trinh Mai Phuong, Vice President, Human Resources, Unilever Viet Nam
- Ms. Karolina Horoszczak, Vice President of Corporate Communication and Public Affairs, IKEA China
- Ms. Anne Abraham, Founder and Chairperson, LeadWomen (Malaysia)
- Ms. Beh Lih Yi, Southeast Asia Correspondent, Thomson Reuters Foundation