UN Women in cooperation and partnership with the Supreme Council for Women in the Kingdom of Bahrain, is hosting a virtual event to launch the second edition of the Princess Sabeeka Bint Ibrahim Al-Khalifa Global Award for Women’s Empowerment on the sidelines of the Generation Equality Forum, co-hosted by the Governments of France and Mexico. First launched in 2018, and bestowed every three years, the Award recognizes achievements for women’s empowerment across four categories: Public Sector, Private Sector, Civil Society Organizations, and Individual Champions. The winner in each category will be awarded USD 100,000 to further sustain initiatives that support women.
REGISTER HERE before 29 June
- HRH Princess Sabeeka Bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa, Wife of His Majesty the King of Bahrain, President of the Supreme Council for Women, Kingdom of Bahrain
- HE Ms. Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Executive Director, UN Women
- HE Mrs. Hala Mohammed Jaber Al Ansari, Secretary-General of the Supreme Council for Women, Kingdom of Bahrain
- Susanne Mikhail Eldhagen, Regional Director, UN Women Regional Office for the Arab States
- Cindy Sirinya Bishop, Regional UN Women Ambassador for Asia and the Pacific
- Memory Kachambwa, Executive Director, The African Women’s Development and Communications Network (FEMNET)
- Abdulrahman Jawahery, CEO, Gulf Petrochemical Industries Company
Join the conversation: Follow @unwomenarabic and @scwbahrain on Twitter and Instagram and share your messages using the hashtags #GlobalAward4Women and #SCW20.