The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated existing gender inequalities, exposing cracks in economic and social systems and posing a serious threat to the gains made on gender equality. As COVID-19 widens global gender gaps, a growing number of companies around the world are taking actions to ensure the economic inclusion and social well-being of their employees, customers, suppliers, as well as the local communities in which they operate.
We are looking for companies to be featured in an upcoming joint IFC and UN Women publication recognizing their actions and investments in building and retaining a more resilient workforce and consumer and supplier base, business sustainability, and lasting recovery post-COVID-19 in 5 areas:
1. Offering mental health support and family-friendly policies, including childcare, paid leave, and flexible work
2. Enabling equal access and the use of digital technologies and platforms
3. Addressing, preventing, and mitigating gender-based violence
4. Ensuring equal access to financial and non-financial services
5. Enabling equal opportunity procurement to strengthen inclusive value chains
If you are a trailblazing company that has implemented innovative solutions to promote gender equality and women's social and economic inclusion in your workforce, value chain, consumer base, and/or communities of operation during COVID-19, we would like to hear from you!
Kindly respond to this survey with as much detail as possible.
Deadline to share the actions your company has taken - 23 October 2020.