In celebration of International Women’s Day 2021, UN Women’s EU-funded programme WeEmpowerAsia will host the virtual discussion “Achieving Gender-inclusive Business through Accountability and Transparency.” As we enter the final decade to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), it has never been more important to accelerate efforts for transformative change, and the private sector has a critical responsibility and role to bring about such transformation. As laid out in the Women’s Empowerment Principles, transparency and accountability are required for companies to uphold their commitments to gender equality in the workplace, marketplace, and community. Measuring and reporting mechanisms are crucial to monitor and track performance and progress.
Convening businesses, market regulators, stock exchanges and industry associations, this session will spotlight best practice examples that promote the gender dimension of responsible business practices through reporting, transparency and accountability frameworks. During the event, UN Women will also launch the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs) Accountability and Transparency Framework, as well as present the key findings of the joint UN Women-ILO report Policy Landscaping to Advance Transparent Implementation of the Women's Empowerment Principles (WEPs) in ASEAN.
WHEN: 10 March 2021, 14:00 – 15:30 (GMT+7)
WHERE: Online via Zoom and streamed live to Facebook (@unwomenasia)
- Ms. Lin Bo, Deputy Secretary-General of the Committee on Social Responsibility, China Electronics Standardization Association
- Mr. Ernest Hutagalung, Chief Financial Officer, Telkomtelstra (Indonesia)
- Ms. Ruenvadee Suwanmongkol, Secretary-General, Securities and Exchange Commission (Thailand)
- Ms. Anne Valko Celestino, Gender Specialist, Private Sector Operations Department, Asian Development Bank
- Atty. Roel A. Refran, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Philippine Stock Exchange
- Ms. Katja Freiwald, WeEmpowerAsia Regional Programme Manager, UN Women Asia and the Pacific